The prolonged dangerous heat wave continues across the South and Southeast. The heat will expand into the West and Northwest later this weekend and continue into most of next week. Meanwhile, a couple of strong systems will track across the Plains, Great Lakes and Northeast where the threat of severe thunderstorms and heavy rainfall will exist today and into the weekend. Impacted Lanes: I-75, I-20, I-85, I-30
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 8 AM CDT this morning
- Visibilities one quarter to one half mile in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Flood Watch remains in effect until 9 PM MDT this evening
- Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
- Impacts: Excessive runoff may result in flooding below burn scars and within rivers, creeks, streams, roadways, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
Flood Advisory remains in effect until 8 AM CDT this morning
- Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
- Impacts: Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas. Overflowing poor drainage areas. Ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.