A strong arctic front will bring heavy snow and blowing snow and high winds across the North Plains. As the front moves south, bitter cold will spread across much of the western 2/3rds of the U.S. Heavy lake effect snow will continue downwind of the Great Lakes, and heavy snow and areas with a wintry mix can be expected in southwest Alaska. Impacted Lanes: I-90, I-15, I-84, I-86, I-80, I-39, I-88
Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST this evening
- Blizzard conditions. Additional snow accumulations of 5 to 7 inches. Winds gusting as high as 70 mph.
- Impacts: Extremely dangerous or impossible travel conditions due to icy, snow packed roads and near zero visibilities in falling and blowing snow.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 11 PM MST Saturday evening
- Heavy snow. Total snow accumulations between 2 to 4 feet Widespread blowing snow and wind gusts up to 65 mph.
- Impacts: Travel will become extremely dangerous or impossible due to icy, snow covered roads and significantly reduced visibilities in falling and blowing snow.
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST this evening
- West winds 40 to 50 mph with gusts exceeding 70 mph at times.
- Impacts: Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM MST Saturday evening
- A prolonged period of moderate to heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches. Areas of blowing and drifting snow.
- Impacts: Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST this evening
- West-southwest winds gusting to 40 mph.
- Impacts: Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. Travel may be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: Washington, Oregon, North Dakota, South Dakota, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Illinois and Indiana
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan
Additional Winter Storm Warnings include but are not limited to: Idaho, Montana, Colorado, South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa