A dangerous heat wave with record warm temperatures will persist across the Northwestern U.S. this week. Intense heat will linger in the south-central U.S. through Wednesday. A threat of flash flooding will exist from the Southwest into the Southern Rockies as well as from the Ohio Valley into the Appalachians through the week.
- Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 9:30 AM CDT this morning
- Between 4 and 7 inches of rain have fallen. Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are possible in the warned area
- Flash flooding is already occurring
- Where: Central Saint Louis County and The Saint Louis City
- Impacts: High water accumulated on highways and backroads can submerge vehicles. Expect road closures, including Interstate 70 in Missouri near exit 23.
- Flood Warning in effect from this morning to late Thursday morning
- Minor flooding is forecast
- Impacts: State Highway H near the West Fork Cuivre River bridge will be closed due to flooding