An extremely dangerous and long-duration heat wave will continue over the Southwest well into next week with oppressive heat indices spreading across the south-central and southeast U.S. through this weekend. Tropical Storm Calvin will pass very close to the Big Island of Hawaii through Wednesday bringing a period of heavy rain, high surf and locally strong winds. Impacted Lanes: I-69, I-24, I-57, I-55, I-169, I-44, I-65, I-40, I-840, I-165, I-75, I-64, I-95, I-295, I-495
Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 1 PM CDT this evening
- Flash flooding caused by thunderstorms.
- Impacts: Flash flooding of small creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses as well as other poor drainage and low-lying areas.
Flood Watch remains in effect until 10 AM CDT this morning
- Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be possible.
- Impacts: Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. Low-water crossings may be flooded.
Flood Warning remains in effect until 11 AM EDT this morning
- Flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues.
- Impacts: Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring. Streams continue to rise due to excess runoff from earlier rainfall. Low-water crossings are inundated with water and may not be passable.
Flood Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM EDT this morning
- Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
- Impacts: Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas. River or stream flows are elevated. Water over roadways.
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM EDT this morning
- Visibility one quarter mile or less in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Additional Flash Flood Warnings include but are not limited to: Tennessee, and Illinois
Additional Flood Warnings include but are not limited to: Vermont, Connecticut, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and South Dakota
Additional Flood Advisories include but are not limited to: Tennessee, Maryland, and Oklahoma
Additional Flood Watches include but are not limited to: Missouri, and Tennessee
Additional Dense Fog Advisories include but are not limited to: Kansas, and Maine