The first Atlantic tropical system is expected to slowly strengthen to a tropical storm. Heavy rain will affect portions of the Florida Peninsula and Florida Keys into the weekend. There is potential for considerable flash and urban flooding in South Florida and the Keys. Elsewhere, widely scattered severe thunderstorms are possible over parts of the central and southern High Plains.
- Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect until further notice
- tropical storm-force winds are expected somewhere within this area within the next 36 hours
- Peak Wind Forecast: 10-20 mph with gusts to 25 mph
- Peak Rainfall Amounts: Additional 2-4 inches, with locally higher amounts
- Impacts: Plan for hazardous wind of equivalent tropical storm force. Hazardous driving conditions on bridges and other elevated roadways. Some streets and parking lots take on moving water as storm drains and retention ponds overflow