Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms capable of gusty winds, hail, and isolated flash flooding will be possible across parts of the Plains through Wednesday. Critical fire weather is possible on Wednesday in southwest New Mexico. Excessive rainfall may result in some flooding in the northern High Plains late this week. Impacted Lanes: I-80, I-580
Flood Warning remains in effect until 4 PM CDT this afternoon
- Flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues.
- Impacts: Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, roadways, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring. Streams continue to rise due to excess runoff from earlier rainfall. It will take several hours for all the water from these storms to work through local drainage systems in urban areas.
Flood Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT this evening
- Minor flooding caused by snowmelt is occurring.
- Impacts: Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas. River or stream flows are elevated due to high flows from snowmelt. Water over some roadways.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 AM PDT Wednesday morning
- West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph expected.
- Impacts: Difficult driving conditions, especially for larger vehicles traveling along roads with crosswinds. Light, unsecured objects may become airborne. Minor tree damage possible.
Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 11 PM PDT this evening
- Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be possible this afternoon and evening.
- Impacts: Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other flood-prone locations. Area creeks and streams are running high and could flood with heavy rain. Extensive street flooding is also possible in urbanized locations.
Additional Flood Advisories include but are not limited to: Nevada, Utah, and New Mexico
Additional Flood Warnings include but are not limited to: Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska
Additional Flash Flood Watches include but are not limited to: Nevada, and Mississippi