Dry air and gusty winds in the Southwest U.S. into the Great Lakes will continue to produce elevated to critical fire weather conditions. Heavy snow across parts of the Intermountain West and central/northern Rockies is expected through Friday. Widespread showers and storms with locally heavy rainfall to expand across the Southeast. Impacted Lanes: I-80, I-15, I-84, I-90, I-94, I-20, I-10, I-55, I-59
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11:59 PM MDT this evening
- Occasional wet snow. Total snow accumulations between 2 and 5 inches.
- Impacts: Roads, especially bridges and overpasses, may become slick and hazardous. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute. Expect areas of poor visibility.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 11:59 PM MDT this evening
- Heavy snow. Additional snow accumulation between 3 and 5 inches in the valleys, and between 6 and 12 inches in the mountains.
- Impacts: Roads, and especially bridges and overpasses, will likely be slick and hazardous, especially this morning. Travel could be difficult with a period of visibility one half mile or less this morning. Isolated power outages are also possible due to the heavy wet snow.
Flood Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT Friday evening
- Flooding caused by rain and snowmelt continues.
- Impacts: Water over roadways.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 AM PDT this morning
- West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
- Impacts: Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down. Travel may be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Flood Warning remains in effect until 1 PM CDT Friday afternoon
- Flooding caused by snowmelt is occurring.
- Impacts: Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring. Numerous roads remain closed due to flooding.
Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 7 AM CDT Friday morning
- Minor coastal flooding.
- Impacts: Flooding of lots, parks, and roads with only isolated road closures expected.
Flood Warning remains in effect until 1 PM CDT Saturday afternoon
- Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
- Impacts: Water over roadways is expected.
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: Idaho and Alabama
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Idaho and Wyoming
Additional Flood Advisories include but are not limited to: Minnesota and Wisconsin
Additional Coastal Flood Advisories include but are not limited to: Mississippi
Additional Flood Warnings include but are not limited to: South Dakota, Illinois, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama