Heavy snow will extend from the mountains of California and the Intermountain West into the Northern Plains. Gusty to strong winds may produce critical fire weather risks over portions of the Central and Southern High Plains. Multi-hazard impacts will stretch from the Lower Mississippi Valley to the Great Lakes by Friday into the weekend. Impacted Lanes: I-40, I-17, I-70, I-90, I-94, I-15, I-84, I-25, I-49, I-44, I-35, I-30, I-55, I-69,
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 11:59 PM MDT this evening
- Heavy snow. Snow accumulations between 3 and 7 inches at lower elevations, with 6 to 12 inches over higher terrain.
- Impacts: Travel could be very difficult at times. Those in the backcountry should ensure they are prepared for dangerous conditions.
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM MDT Friday morning
- Snow. Total snow accumulations between 2 and 4 inches.
- Impacts: Roads, and especially bridges and overpasses, will likely become slick and hazardous once the sun sets. Plan on difficult road conditions to impact the Friday morning commute.
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 6 AM MDT Friday morning
- Southwest winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph expected.
- Impacts: Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM MDT this evening
- Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph expected.
- Impacts: Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs may be blown down. Expect strong crosswinds on area roadways, that may make travel difficult.
Additional Winter Storm Warnings include but are not limited to: California, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and Wisconsin
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin
Additional High Wind Warnings include but are not limited to: Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia and Pennsylvania
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: California, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky and Illinois