The weather is expected to be mostly quiet the first week of March but there are a few hazards to monitor. Locally heavy rain and thunderstorms may produce flooding from the Arklatex to the Southeast early this week. Also, a strong cold front sweeping off the East Coast will result in very gusty winds across the Northeast and New England. Finally, an active trade wind pattern is likely in Hawaii.
- "If March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb"
- "A dry March and a wet May? Fill barns and bays with corn and hay"
- "As it rains in March, so it rains in June"
- "March winds and April showers? Bring forth May flowers"
- "So many mists in March you see, so many frosts in May will be"