A system in the South will strengthen over the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic with heavy rain and isolated severe storms before becoming a Northeast Nor'easter this weekend. Isolated High Wind Advisories are active in the Central and West Southern areas. Active Advisories: Texas, Central Arizona and California Desert
Winter Weather Advisory
ACCUMULATING SNOW EXPECTED OVERNIGHT INTO SATURDAY FOR THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF WEST TEXAS
- Accumulating snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 4 inches. From midnight tonight to 3 PM CST Saturday.
- Visibility reduced in heavier snow bands.
Some roads could become slick, especially secondary roads and on overpasses.
WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PST TODAY
- Northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph expected.
- Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects and make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
- Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Travel on roadways may be affected by gusty cross winds. This includes Highways 14, 33, and 126 and
For more information please visit