A cold front crossing the eastern half of the U.S. may continue to produce heavy to excessive rainfall and isolated severe thunderstorms from the lower Mississippi River Valley into the Southeast Friday. Additional waves of Pacific moisture will batter the western U.S. into this weekend. A powerful storm system appears likely to affect portions of the central and southern U.S. starting Monday. Impacted Lanes: I-90, I-84, I-15, I-5, I-80
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this afternoon
- Snow. Additional snow accumulations of up to 5 inches.
- Impacts: Plan on slippery road conditions.
Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM PST this afternoon
- Minor coastal flooding.
- Impacts: Flooding of lots, parks, and roads with only isolated road closures expected.
Winter Strom Warning remains in effect until 4 PM PST Sunday afternoon
- Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 12 inches, except 1 to 2 feet above 7000 feet. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.
- Impacts: Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. Strong winds could cause tree damage and lead to power outages.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST Saturday evening
- Southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts in excess of 50 mph. Gusts in excess of 60 mph will be possible in the higher terrain of the eastern Sierra slopes.
- Impacts: Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Flood Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST Saturday evening
- Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall and snowmelt is possible.
- Impacts: Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. Low-water crossings may be flooded.
High Wind Warning remains in effect until Saturday afternoon
- West and northwest winds 25 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph possible.
- Impacts: Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Power outages are possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming
Additional Winter Storm Warnings include but are not limited to: Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and Colorado
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: Oregon and California
Additional Flood Advisories include but are not limited to: California
Additional High Wind Warnings include but are not limited to: California and Wyoming