A storm system will move bring heavy mountain snow and high winds to the Intermountain West and the Plains. Locally heavy rain from a nearly stalled front on the southern California coastline could cause flash flooding. A new storm will drop south along the West Coast and is expected to bring additional heavy mountain snow, especially, in California. Impacted Lanes: I-94, I-80, I-70
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM MDT this morning
- Visibility one quarter mile or less in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Winter Strom Warning remains in effect until 5 PM MST this afternoon
- Heavy snow. Additional snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph.
- Impacts: Plan on slippery road conditions. Widespread blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility, especially on ridge tops. Strong winds could cause tree damage.
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 12 PM MST this afternoon
- West winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
- Impacts: Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Scattered power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 PM MST this afternoon
- Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 6 inches. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph.
- Impacts: Plan on slippery road conditions. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility, especially on ridge tops. Strong winds could cause tree damage.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 AM CST Saturday morning
- Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 50 to 55 mph expected.
- Impacts: Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects including holiday decorations. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle.
Additional Winter Storm Warnings include but are not limited to: Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Montana, Idaho, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota
Additional High Wind Warnings include but are not limited to: Wyoming, New Mexico, Nebraska and Kansas
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Missouri, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana