A winter storm continues to bring hazardous travel conditions to south-central Alaska with heavy snow, a wintry mix, ice accumulation, and rough seas. A wintry mix including freezing rain is expected in Upstate New York and interior New England. Gusty Santa Ana winds and low humidity will bring critical fire weather conditions to portions of Los Angeles and Ventura counties in California. Impacted Lanes: I-5, I-90, I-15, I-40, I-49, I-55, I-59, I-10, I-65, I-75, I-81, I-88, I-87, I-89, I-91, I-93, I-95
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon
- Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of up to one inch and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch. Winds gusts up to 30 to 35 mph possible late this morning and afternoon.
- Impacts: Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute. A few power outages possible.
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM CST this morning
- Visibility one quarter mile or less in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PST this evening
- North winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph expected.
- Impacts: Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles and motorcycles. Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Colorado, Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire
Additional Dense Fog Advisories include but are not limited to: Louisiana, Alabama, Washington, Oregon, Florida, and Georgia
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: California