A storm system will move from the southern Plains to the Northeast U.S. through Wednesday with severe thunderstorms for the northern Gulf states, gusty winds and heavy rain for the Southeast, and a wintry mix for the interior Northeast. Strong offshore Santa Ana winds with gusts over 60 mph are forecast into Tuesday morning in southern California. Impacted Lanes: I-5, I-15, I-10, I-40, I-86, I-84, I-90, I-65, I-85, I-75, I-59, I-81, I-77, I-68, I-76, I-80, I-69, I-96, I-87, I-91, I-93, I-95
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 12 PM PST today
- Areas of northeast winds 30 to 45 mph with gusts to 65 mph. Local gusts to 75 mph through mid morning.
- Impacts: Damaging winds will blow down large objects such as trees and power lines. Power outages are likely. Travel will be difficult, especially for drivers of high profile vehicles.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 12 PM PST today
- Northeast winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph. Isolated gusts to 65 mph in the hills.
- Impacts: Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects and make driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile vehicles. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon
- Mixed precipitation expected. Ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch on the highest elevations, little to no ice in the valleys. Snow and sleet accumulations less than an inch. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph.
- Impacts: Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM EST this evening
- Southeast winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph expected.
- Impacts: Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM PST this morning
- Visibility less than one quarter mile in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Additional High Wind Warnings include but are not limited to: Tennessee, New York, and Montana
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, South Carolina, Massachusetts, Maryland, and New York
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Idaho, Montana, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Maine