A cold front crossing the Eastern U.S. Friday will merge with a coastal storm Saturday and bring heavy rain, gusty winds, and perhaps some snow to the Northeast U.S. A Pacific storm will bring areas of rain and mountain snow to California and the Pacific Northwest Friday into Sunday. Impacted Lanes: I-90, I-84, I-82, I-5, I-80, I-10, I-35, I-37, I-84, I-91, I-95, I-69, I-65, I-24, I-169, I-64, I-70, I-74, I-71, I-270, I-75, I-77, I-96
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 8 AM MST this evening
- West winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
- Impacts: Mainly to transportation. Strong cross winds will be hazardous to light weight or high profile vehicles, including campers and tractor trailers.
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST Sunday afternoon
- Snow expected above 3500 feet. Total snow accumulations 3 to 7 inches.
- Impacts: Travel could be difficult with winter driving conditions.
Freezing Fog Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM PST this morning
- Visibility less one-half mile in freezing fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility and potential frost on bridges.
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 12 PM PST today
- Areas with visibility one quarter mile or less in dense fog.
- Impacts: Low visibility could make driving conditions hazardous. In addition below freezing temperatures may result in slick surfaces.
Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon
- Minor coastal flooding.
- Impacts: Flooding of lots, parks, and roads with only isolated road closures expected.
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 9 AM PST this morning
- Visibility less than one quarter mile in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST this evening
- South to southeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected.
- Impacts: Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects and make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Oregon
Additional Dense Fog Advisories include but are not limited to: Oregon, Texas, Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Maine