A very active storm system is expected to roll through the South and the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys on Tuesday. Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds and a tornado or two are expected across the South and Mid South, while locally heavy to excessive rainfall is possible in the Mid Mississippi and Western Ohio Valleys.
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 12 PM MDT this afternoon
- Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 8 inches above 4500 feet and one half to 3 inches below.
- Impacts: Plan on slippery road conditions.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CDT this evening
- Northwest and southwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph expected.
- Impacts: Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Additionally, gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM EDT this morning
- Visibility one quarter mile or less in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Idaho
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky
Additional Dense Fog Advisories include but are not limited to: South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey