Heavy snow will continue to fall over the mountains of Utah into Friday as remnant moisture from an impactful storm shift over the region. The next in this parade of Atmospheric River events is expected to arrive late Friday into northern California, spreading south to central California Saturday. Heavy rainfall will lead to additional flooding and heavy mountain snow is expected in the Sierras. Impacted Lanes: I-15, I-80, I-86, I-84, I-90, I-70, I-5, I-76, I-91, I-93, I-89
Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM PST this morning
- Minor coastal flooding expected.
- Impacts: Tidal overflow around high tide may cause flooding of lots, parks, and roads with only isolated road closures expected.
Winter Strom Warning remains in effect until 4 PM PST Tuesday afternoon
- Heavy snow expected. 1 to 3 feet of snowfall accumulation expected this weekend with several more feet of accumulation possible early next. Winds gusting as high as 55 mph.
- Impacts: Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Strong winds could cause tree damage.
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM PST this morning
- Visibility one quarter mile or less in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM PST this evening
- Southeast winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph expected primarily on exposed ridgetops and coastal headlands.
- Impacts: Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
Flood Advisory remains in effect until Wednesday afternoon
- Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
- Impacts: Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks. Flooding may occur in low-lying and poor drainage areas, roadways, and other urban areas. Low-water crossings may be flooded.
High Wind Warning remains in effect until Saturday evening
- South winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph possible.
- Impacts: Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 AM MST Saturday morning
- Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches with locally higher amounts possible.
- Impacts: Plan on slippery road conditions. Travel may be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Additional Winter Storm Warnings include but are not limited to: Utah
Additional Dense Fog Advisories include but are not limited to: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Texas
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: Oregon and New Mexico
Additional High Wind Warnings include but are not limited to: Oregon and Wyoming
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Montana, Idaho, Utah, Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts