A significant atmospheric river event will affect California through Thursday with heavy to excessive rainfall, flooding with debris flows and landslides near recent burn scar areas, heavy mountain snow and high winds. Meanwhile, low pressure lingering across the Great Lakes and Northeast will keep the weather unsettled through Friday. Impacted Lanes: I-10, I-5, I-210, I-605, I-15, I-80, I-90, I-74, I-88, I-55, I-72, I-96, I-69, I-94, I-75, I-95
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 AM PST Friday morning
- Heavy snow is expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 feet above 7000 feet, and 6 to 18 inches between 5000 feet and 7000 feet. Winds gusting as high as 55 mph.
- Impacts: Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 8 AM PST this morning
- Southeast winds 30 to 45 mph with gusts to 70 mph.
- Impacts: Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Flood Advisory remains in effect until 8:15 AM PST this morning
- Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
- Impacts: Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas. Ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent. River or stream flows are elevated. Rockslides may cause blocked roadways. Water over roadways.
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM PST this morning
- South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
- Impacts: Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. Travel may be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM PST Friday evening
- Minor coastal flooding expected.
- Impacts: Flooding of lots, parks, and roads with only isolated road closures expected.
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 PM EST this evening
- Mixed precipitation. Mainly freezing drizzle. Additional snow and sleet accumulations up to one half inch and ice accumulations around one tenth of an inch.
- Impacts: A period of mixed precipitation is expected today with air temperatures heading to below freezing. Expect slippery road conditions and avoid travel if possible.
Dense Fog Advisory remains in effect until 10 AM EST this morning
- Visibility one quarter mile or less in dense fog.
- Impacts: Hazardous driving conditions due to low visibility.
Additional Winter Storm Warnings include but are not limited to: Nevada and Utah
Additional High Wind Warnings include but are not limited to: Oregon
Additional Coastal Flood Advisories include but are not limited to: Washington
Additional Wind Advisories include but are not limited to: Washington, Oregon and Nevada
Additional Winter Weather Advisories include but are not limited to: Washington, Nevada, Wisconsin, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts
Additional Dense Fog Advisories include but are not limited to: Wyoming, North Dakota, Minnesota, Georgia, Virginia and New Jersey