Summary: A storm system moving in from the Pacific will bring strong winds to the Northern Rockies into the Northern Plains that may cause blowing snow and blizzard conditions. Strong to severe thunderstorms may bring a threat of strong winds, hail, heavy rainfall and localized flooding across portions of the Lower/Middle Texas Coast.
Also please keep in mind that parts of the Northeast / New England area received heavy snow and blizzard conditions over the weekend. With the large amounts of snowfall, roads were closed. Areas DOTs were getting the plows out late last night and early this morning. Closures and delays should be expected areas impacted are Long Island and New York City, eastern Pennsylvania to include Philadelphia, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Winter Storm Warning area: 4-10 inches snow accumulation
- Winter Storm Advisory area: 2-8 inches snow accumulation
- 3-6 inches snow accumulation
- 2-7 inches snow accumulation
- Wind gusting as high as 40 mph
- 3-8 inches snow accumulation
- West winds 30 to 40 mph, with gusts up to 60mph
- West winds 40 to 60mph with frequent gusts 70-80mph likely. Isolated extreme wind gusts 90-100 mph.
- Northwest winds to around 35mph with gusts up to 60mph.